[lbo-talk] Texas school board drops Jefferson, adds Calvin

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Mar 19 14:22:34 PDT 2010

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:30:38 -0400 c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> wrote:

> CB: In Europe, the Protestant Reformation represents/reflects the
> bourgeois rising against the feudal order, of which the Catholic
> church is a ruling class institution , i.e. an established church.

Somebody should make a Marxism Lego set, with pieces labelled Feudalism, Capitalism, Aristocracy, Bourgeoisie, Working Class, Base, Superstructure, Youth, Women, Intelligentsia, etc. We could all build imaginative structures out of these, take pictures of them, and post the pictures on our Facebook pages. It would be profoundly dialectical, and thoroughly materialist -- there's nothing quite so concrete as a Lego block, especially when you step on one in your bare feet, trying to sneak quietly from your kid's bedroom after reading him to sleep.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com