[lbo-talk] HC reform and increase in profits

James Leveque leveque.james at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 05:53:57 PDT 2010

I'm debating with a lib friend of mine who thinks that we can get a public option now that hc reform seems like a done deal. My point is that since the public mandate will increase insurance company profits, that will only increase their ability to lobby against a public option. So hc reform, as it stands, actually works against the future possibility of a pubic option. Has anybody seen any stats on the projected increase in profits for insurance companies after the mandate takes effect?

Thanks, -- James Patrick Leveque MSc Student in Comparative & General Literature School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures University of Edinburgh