[lbo-talk] Texas school board drops Jefferson, adds Calvin

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 22 11:52:26 PDT 2010

Insofar as that's so, it stems from the now-deceased pomo's being much more a mood and an attitude in various lit & social science faculties, than a defense of certain texts and ideas therein contained.

And Eagleton, in After Theory and elsewhere, paid attention to the pomo panjandrums; worse yet, he discusses at length in other work the actual literature to which Theory was supposed to apply. (See chapter 4 of James Smith's recent Terry Eagleton: A Critical Introduction, from Polity Press.)

Incidentally, I just learnt that the original panjandrum was never used in battle. --CGE