[lbo-talk] Texas school board drops Jefferson, adds Calvin

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 22 12:34:31 PDT 2010

Come on, Doug. We were both there and know that pomo was never a coherent set of doctrines or even a collection of specific readings (as, e.g., at another extreme New Criticism was). Mentioning Foucault and Butler is not enough.

It was the pomoists who "didn't engage actual texts"; Eagleton certainly did.

--CGE