[lbo-talk] Texas school board drops Jefferson, adds Calvin

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:48:44 PDT 2010

The point misses the point.

The contradiction is found in asserting both that all "seeing and judging" is determined by an "epistemological frame" and that some "seeing and judging," e.g. the "seeing and judging" that "that frame is created by our embeddedness in society, discourse, etc.," is not determined by an "epistemological frame." As I've pointed out before, I'm repeating arguments made by Husserl and Whitehehead (the use of the term "solipsism of the present moment" to describe the absurd implication of the assumptions comes from Whitehead who has taken it from Santayana - as a little googling would have been sufficient to show).

Here is the argument as applied to Hume's scepticism by Husserl in the Crisis

^^^^^^^^ CB: The contradiction is clear, Ted.