[lbo-talk] Cloward-Piven strategy for single payer?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:37:46 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Chris Maisano <cgmaisano at yahoo.com> wrote:

Obviously they didn't win, but I think that their basic idea may have some
> new relevance at this point in the fight for single payer healthcare.

One point of contention: If we suppose ourselves to be engaged in a long-term struggle we're not going to win any time soon, why should it be for single-payer rather than a national health service? Presumably most of us actually want the latter and would consider it far preferable to the former, no?