[lbo-talk] Cloward-Piven strategy for single payer?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 24 05:54:49 PDT 2010

What you get out of mass movements is always less than you ask. Hence single-payer, if that is what you want, can only be achieved by a mass movement that demands MUCH MORE thjan that: Something like national Health Service plus living wage for the disabled plus a few other bells and whistles. And don't worry about implementation: that occurs as the proposals get worried and savaged in the legislative process. Thinking about them now makes clear political thought difficult.

Carrol