[lbo-talk] CNN HCR poll

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 24 05:58:10 PDT 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the 39% that favors would either
> favor a more "liberal" version, or think that the actual bill is more
> "liberal" than it really is. So we're probably working with something
> like 20% or more - which is what I usually assume is the baseline
> constituency for a social dem agenda in the U.S.

I don't think you could mobilize even 5% for a social dem agenda, and for a more ambitious agenda (leading perhaps to a social dem compromise, perhaps to something else) 20% is far more than you need -- with 20^ in a social movement you are on the verge of actual insurrection and/or military dictatorship.

Carrol