[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 24 12:09:37 PDT 2010

At 11:39 AM 3/24/2010, Joseph Catron wrote:

>I think this exchange sums up my problems with Parenti and his ilk
>perfectly. They (and their supporters) bring about as much expertise to the
>table as the most comically stereotyped fundamentalists -

Expertise in what? Biblical scholarship? Again, I don't think that's what we're talking about. Parenti is critiquing how religion is expressed politically and he's got a lot of expertise in that area.

Besides, Doug's right. Any literate person is qualified to comment on the bible, just as that person would be qualified to comment on film noir or Louis Armstrong records.