[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Wed Mar 24 13:44:59 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:51:58AM -0700, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> The point is Parenti is writing about the Bible
> as tons of believers read and profess it. They
> then extend those ridiculous readings into
> politics to attempt to impose their vision of the
> world on others. That's what he's talking
> about.

Absolutely. Living in suburban Pennsylvania, these wackos run for local office and they *win elections*. Anything that ridicules their beliefs is a good thing. Every-other letter to the Editor of our local newspapers cites Biblical law as justification for some kind of bullshit. Most recently, they've been having a public debate on whether people who have restaurants or stores open on Sunday are all horrible sinners.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim/google/MSN/yahoo: beyondzero123

Theoretically, people see money on the counter, and no one around, they think they're being watched.

-Dante Hicks Honesty through paranoia.

-Veronica