[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 24 18:03:36 PDT 2010

Voyou wrote:

> The problem I have with all these attempts to show that religion is
> false isn't that they offend the delicate sensibilities of believers,
> but that they seem so boring.

Yes. (Though there's some excitement in Ingersoll and, of course, in Twain.) On occasions such as this I'm happy that I enjoy my atheism as a birthright rather than as achieved by meerit and having everlastingly to be reaffirmed. It's much more cheerful never to have had faith than to go through the process of rejecting it.

Bujt those who haven't read Dryden's Religio Laici really should check it out.

Carrol