[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 20:45:48 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2010, at 3:26 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:
>
> I must be in...
>>
>> Hell! Where you'll step on naught but hot coals and drink naught but hot
>> cola!
>>

> Or, in the words of Tom Waits, warm beer and cold women.

Tom musta been channeling Lazarus Long... this is, I think, the first entry in his notebooks "Always store beer in a cool dark place." and later "What a wonderful world it is that has girls in!"

Still later, in re: Doss insistence on religious expertise, Heinlein quotes Long as writing "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!"

More, many slashing playfully at religion, at: http://www.angelfire.com/or/sociologyshop/lazlong.html#inter