[lbo-talk] Americans and the bible

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 17:07:05 PDT 2010

In the Russian Orthodox version (at least according to the Bible passages I have in one of my Russian Greek textbooks), what in English is called Genesis is called "Kniga Byt'ya" (the Book of Being), which is I think is kind of cool.

----- Original Message ---- From: Matthias Wasser <matthias.wasser at gmail.com>

A literally trivial question: what's up with the chapter division between Genesis 1 and 2? On my table copy the second creation story starts on 2:4 or 2:5, with 2:1-3 (and possibly 4) being the denoument to the first creation story, which was otherwise contained in chapter one. Is there a logic here? ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk