[lbo-talk] MHL on Countdown

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 25 18:21:37 PDT 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 9:08 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> No disrespect to Dennis, but I want Doug to get a column. He's been
> an editor there for a decade and they don't do crap with his stuff
> which is just what they need -- economic expertise and lively
> writing. It's a crime that a left weekly doesn't have an economics
> columnist. Even the fucking New Yorker has one.

Minor correction: I'm a contributing editor, which means next to nothing, and it's been for closer to 20 years than 10. Victor Navasky used to ask me to write all kinds of thing for the mag, including unsigned editorials. Not the present editor. Victor used to publish all kinds of radicals along with liberals - he gave Alex Cockburn a column as soon as the Village Voice fired him. Katrina's done nothing but cut him back. Etc.

Doug