[lbo-talk] My article on my family tragedy...Noam's Play for her b'day party...

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Fri Mar 26 00:06:56 PDT 2010

Noam wrote a play when she was 5? What an amazing kid.

Michael

------------------

Noam just dictated to me what to write and I wrote it, and then we painted a background and did the play with puppets:

This is the story of Flower Fairy, the superhero. By: Noam Atinsky

Sometimes people don't go to the museums. This is why they don't know so many important things...

Once upon a time there was a superhero named Flower Fairy. The girls and boys liked her so much that they always looked out their windows to search for her and wished that they could see her for a minute one time in their lives. Flower Fairy didn't really want them to see her because she was so sick of people always giving her attention and she wanted some privacy. Flower Fairy loved to help people and that was her mission in life, but she was embarrassed by the attention.

Flower Fairy had magic shoes that could make her fly whenever she wanted to, all she needed to do was clap her hands four times and say

"Open up your wings, oh shoes, and take me where I choose."

One day, as she was flying through the woods, she came upon a woman who was lying still upon the ground. "Oh- what happened? Who is this woman? Perhaps she need my help.." She quickly flew down to the woman and picked her up. The woman opens her eyes, "Oh- where am I? What is going on? help, help!" Flower Fairy landed back on the ground and says,

"Don't worry; I am here to help you. What is your name and what were you doing there on the ground?"

The woman says, "My name is queen X and my castle was stolen from me by the great ogre Snarlbutt. He chased me from my land and I was hiding in the forest. Please, can you help me fight the ogre and get back my castle?"

Flower Fairy says: "Yes, I think that I can help you. Point me the way to your castle." Then she clapped her hands four times and said

"Open up your wings, oh shoes, and take me where I choose."

Up they flew again, over the trees, and lakes and villages. On her way, she saw a large patch of flowers "I could probably make many people happy with those beautiful smelling and colorful flowers."

She opened up her magic flower basket and flowers from the field flew up and into her basket until it was full.

Finally they arrived at the castle of queen X, which sat upon a hill at the edge of the forest. They flew down and into a window. Flower fairy told the queen: "Stay here, while I find the ogre." Then she walked to the throne room, and there sitting on the throne was an ogre.

(FF) "Are you the big scary ogre?" (Og) "Yes I am, and I will eat you." (FF) "You cannot not eat me, I am not just a fairy, I am a superhero." (Og) "Oh, I didn't know that. But I am hungry just same." (FF) "Why did you take over this castle?" (Og) "Because I am bad, and I don't like kings." (FF) "But you don't look so bad and you don't look so big and scary. Look at what I have for you." Then she pulled out flowers from her magical basket and threw it at the ogre.

At first, the ogre thought that she was pulling a sword out to fight him, but when he saw all the beautiful flowers, his heart melted and a smile came across his face, and he said: "Thank you so much, you really are a superhero."

After that the ogre realized he is not so bad- he step down the throne and let the queen go back to her home. Everyone was happy and the flower fairy decided to go home as well and give some more flowers to her friends. So what did she do?

She clapped her hands four times and said

"Open up your wings, oh shoes, and take me where I choose." Then she flew to her friends the kids and gave them all beautiful flowers.