[lbo-talk] Younger Ace

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Mar 26 12:55:48 PDT 2010

Here's Cockburn in his prime, on C-SPAN in 1987. I had just started writing a weekly media column for an East Village rag called Downtown, and Ace was my model. I remember watching this in the Soho loft of my then-lover, an older woman who worked professionally as a dominatrix (though privately she was anything but demanding). She wasn't into this, but I sure was. And I still remember Ace's line about how The McLaughlin Group lent the impression that journalists were quite mad. Great stuff, back when shit like this stood out.

<http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/241-1>

Dennis