[lbo-talk] repulsive right-wing press release

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 14:21:39 PDT 2010

Still strikes me as weird. China's a lot poorer than Turkey, though (I think).   If you're in the kind of position where you have $70,000, couldn't you just get a greed card?

----- Original Message ---- From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina at gmail.com>

Sounds believable to me.

I'm a Canadian male in China, was in my mid-50s when I came. I've had several women, all attractive and in their 30s, suggest marriage. Some of them offered to pay me. It's definitely not my fortune or looks, and I doubt I am that charming. Could a visa be the attraction?

I'm in the area where most illegal immigrants come from. It is big business. I'm told the going rate to be smuggled into the US is a few hundred thousand RMB, $40-70K.

Also, I've heard things here about NZ cracking down on pregnant visitors. I cannot find the stories I recall, about a general change in their regulations, with a quick search. However, there's this: http://www.3news.co.nz/News/National/Pregnant-woman-ordered-out-of-NZ-by-Immigration/tabid/423/articleID/107762/Default.aspx?ArticleID=107762 ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk