[lbo-talk] anarchist response to tea-parties

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 22:11:58 PDT 2010

Not from info-shop, and I think the final points are a little unbalanced--the really difficult ones like squatting and debt revolt would seem to require a lot more (legal) support than they let on and it seems strange that there isn't some mention of supporting groups who are trying to bend the state itself in a different direction--but overall this seems like a good, accessible response to the Tea Party movement. I guess there might be some contestation on this list about whether the people in it are, in fact, "working people," but I guess that's a chance worth taking...the assumption about them being white seems pretty accurate.

http://www.anarchist-studies.org/node/299

Infoshop is also trying to organize some counter demonstrations and I was happy to see Alex Jones on the list of people they think are part of the problem in the present moment. I would have thought his affiliation with the 9/11 truth movement would have made him more popular among anarchists, but maybe that's just a peculiarity of this list.