[lbo-talk] M. Parenti joins the New Atheists?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 14:20:42 PDT 2010

Carrol Cox

The concept of "altruism," invented by Comte, is a futile attempt to resolve the contradiction btween a radically individualist conception of humanity on the one hand and the obvious sociality of human history on the other hand. (This sociality is older than homo sapiens.) Dawkins accepts the absurdigy of radical individualism than tries to reconcile it with his own subjective impulses. It's all very silly. Carrol

^^^^ CB: [Sociality is older than homo sapiens, ( e.g. one here's that velociraptors hunted in packs), but with humans and culture, sociality takes a qualitative leap to sociality between living and dead generations. For example, we inherit almost all the words we speak from dead generations. Not only that, dead generations speak to us in words left to us.]