[lbo-talk] . Parenti joins the New Atheists?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:35:58 PDT 2010

Joseph Catron

> 3. I'm still a little unclear about point three, but thinking about it,
> yeah Parenti appears to be a horse's ass (on your terms) when he writes
> about religious intolerance in Afghanistan:

I'm not sure what you imagine my point here to have been, but it was that Parenti was wrong - and given his previous writing on the topic, I can only believe consciously so - to claim that occupied Afghanistan is something other than a theocracy, when cleanly it is not. My apologies if something unclear in my wording led you to believe I meant the opposite

^^^^^^^^ CB: Are you saying _Parenti_ is saying Afghanistan is something other than a theocracy ?