[lbo-talk] the communitarian case for drones

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Mar 30 18:44:06 PDT 2010

They have to stop exploiting their status as civilians,

--------

This single phrase made me laugh out loud. I choked on my martinis reading this:

``...although little known, the US military has a carefully crafted procedure for determining which drone strikes are allowed...''

This morning Daniel Ellsberg was on Democracy Now. Goodman quoted Stanley McChrystal:

``We have shot an amazing number of people, but to my knowledge, none has ever proven to be a threat.''

Evidently, that carefully crafted procedure needs more work.

CG