[lbo-talk] the right wing in france

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 08:27:46 PDT 2010

A quote from ex-prime minister Alain Juppe yesterday, who's usually described as one of the French Right's more free-market oriented leading politicians. He was the one who tried to push the austerity measures that were defeated by the massive 1995 strikes. The "bouclier fiscal" - tax shield - was promoted by Sarkozy when he came into office as part of his reward-wealth, encourage-entrepreneurship schtick. It's a tax cut for the rich that sets a ceiling on an individual's total tax rate. Juppe's comments reflect a widespread revolt currently brewing among the UMP rank-and-file against this signature Sarkozy policy since the defeat in the regional elections.

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/politique/le-bouclier-fiscal-de-plus-en-plus-critique-a-l-ump_859207.html?xtor=RSS-186