[lbo-talk] The Blind Side

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Mar 31 20:12:58 PDT 2010

James writes

"Joanna, on the Blind Side 'I conclude that this is a patronizing white fantasy about the relationship between whites and blacks.' Which point well made... still, there have been a lot of patronizing liberal white fantasies about relationships between whites and blacks over the years, this one stands out because its framing is conservative."

Let's see:

Robinson Crusoe Shawshank Redemption I Spy

They all seem pretty conservative to me. I'm not counting Huck Finn nor N-word and the Narcissus as liberal white fantasies.

Joanna