[lbo-talk] what's left

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat May 1 03:39:58 PDT 2010

At 10:42 PM 4/30/2010, Carrol Cox wrote:
>I've been writing on organizing and the state of the left on this list
>for 11 years, & I have no desire to argue with every stray poster that
>comes by.

and you get better and better as you come around to my way of thinking! </imp>

>... You never "reacvh out" to
>anyone; as your movment grows fwider and wider circles of people reach
>out to you. You start artguing and cursing at each other inside the
>groups you have created and that brings about a deeper collective
>understanding of what you are trying to do and your actions grow and so
>forth.

yesterday at lunch, I was writing that essay I've been working on. Running with an idea, I thought I should entitle it, "desperately seeking Consciousness."

or maybe: "Theory, desperately seeks Action."

Or, "Theory, desperately seeks consciousness to raise. Must bring street cred."

I had been reflecting on a conversation at a meeting, where the group broke out into disagreement about the TP. The 'brad' faction was saying that we shouldn't write off the TP: "At least they're in the street!"

shag