[lbo-talk] willingham on the NAEP scores

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun May 2 12:40:29 PDT 2010

I don't understand this at all. Who needs a knowledge base? What is the NAEP? Who is the "we" doing the expecting? What does it mean to read "confidently"? I don't read anything more than two or three sentences confidently, because in anything longer my eyes will deceive me by seeing a different word than the text contains. For example, it was only the third time I read through your post that I recognized the word "encounter." (I can't remember how I construed those marks the first two readings.)

Carrol