[lbo-talk] willingham on the NAEP scores

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun May 2 14:46:58 PDT 2010

I would trust your sense of the gist, and it does sound like an article the existence of which I need to know, but probably one I need spend time on now. An anecdote my daughter passexd on from a neighbor whose daugher attends thrid-grade in a school in a fairly wealthy suburb. The daugher missed school one day from illness, and the day she went back to school phone her mother in a panic: they were having their math test (presumably one you refer to) that day. Her mother reassured her: Don 't worry; they're testing your teacher, not you. And it did turn out that that class had done nothing for three weeks but prepare for the test.

Carrol