[lbo-talk] Christian right leader takes vacation with rent boy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 4 13:12:44 PDT 2010

On May 4, 2010, at 3:54 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> The problem is the false judgment of homswxuality of the "Christian
> Right." What does the minister's hypocrisy have to do with this?

I would argue that it's not hypocrisy. The recurrence of this sort of thing makes an interesting point about the source of homophobia in anxiety about one's own homosexual desire. Or, a secret life is the condition of possibility of Christian right politics - at least when one makes a career out of it, and then some.

Doug