[lbo-talk] Christian right leader takes vacation with rent boy

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed May 5 09:44:17 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

There's no onus on you to prove your "suggestion"?

Not really, because at this point, there's nothing for me to rebut.

> I think you're putting words in Doug's mouth. He said nothing about making
> something a disorder in the clinical sense.

What do you imagine a "phobia" to be?

What authority would he have for that anyway?

An excellent question - to ask Doug.

> If you think it's a non-story, tell it to the people in Florida whose lives
> this guy is helping fuck up.

That's gotta be one of the saddest examples of vapid moralizing I've ever seen on this list.

> As far as it being a disorder, there does seem to be at least more evidence
> for that than there is for the vague suggestion that "material needs of
> previous societies" somehow shaped attitudes toward homosexuality.

So how about presenting some of this supposed evidence?