[lbo-talk] Christian right leader takes vacation with rent boy

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 5 15:45:07 PDT 2010

shag carpet bomb wrote:

> couldn't have been possible that, back then, people fucked anything
> that moved, same sex or not! because that wouldn't make sense to our
> modern binary conception of sexuality!

>From "The Imperfect Enjoyment"
John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

Ev'n her fair hand, which might bid heat return To frozen age, and make cold hermits burn, Applied to my dead cinder, warms no more Than fire to ashes could past flames restore. Trembling, confused, despairing, limber, dry, A wishing, weak, unmoving lump I lie. This dart of love, whose piercing point, oft tried, With virgin blood ten thousand maids have dyed Which nature still directed with such art That it through every cunt reached every heart - Stiffly resolved, 'twould carelessly invade Woman or man, nor aught its fury stayed: Where'er it pierced, a cunt it found or made - Now languid lies in this unhappy hour, Shrunk up and sapless like a withered flower.