[lbo-talk] UK election exit polls

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 08:47:38 PDT 2010

Somebody: I know the radical left loves poking at the center-left, but it's amusing (and depressing) to me that conservatives continue to make hay out of an economic crisis spawned by the indulgences of the financial elite.

Even in Greece, the radical and anarchist left is, in the end, protesting against austerity measures being implemented by an ostensibly center-left regime. Not against Greek or European capitalists for getting them into this mess to begin with. Now, I support their revolt 100%, but it's noteworthy that even there... the working class can only mount a revolt against the *political class* not against the bourgeoisie per se. Capitalism remains an impregnable fortress.

^^^^^ CB: That's why in the US , I say continue the demonstrations at Wall Street. Sit-in on Wall Street !