[lbo-talk] anti-pro contradictions

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun May 9 11:07:50 PDT 2010

does it make sense to refer to tea party as being anti-government/pro-statist ?

something's niggling at me that it doesn't make sense or there's are easy objections to it, but I can't put my finger on it.

i'm trying to get at the anti-government sentiments: opposition to welfare, redistribution, taxation, etc. but the pro-statist sentiments: support for the military, patriotism, westphalianism, police state, etc.

or maybe just anti-government/pro-westphalian does the trick.

thoughts?

shag