[lbo-talk] fragrant and hot marxism

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Sun May 9 19:16:58 PDT 2010

On 5/10/10, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> Article: Shanghai Is Trying to Untangle the Mangled English of Chinglish
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/03/world/asia/03chinglish.html

One thing that can be incredibly amusing is the European language captions n T-shirts worn by Chinese.

Recently seen on various young women's chests: "Military Area", "Lucky 69", "N-words love blondes" "I'm looking for a memorable one-night stand."

My favorite was the lass with quite a nice body and the caption "Pensez a autre chose". It translates as "think about something else". Of course I didn't.

There's a large collection of amusingly bad English, mostly from Japan, at www.engrish.com