[lbo-talk] EU gets serious

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:01:59 PDT 2010

Wendy: "The bailout is anything but a reward for the riots.:

[WS:] And why should it be? The modern financial capitalism is not that much different form feudal peonage - the system cannot produce more "value" to cover shortfalls - its only choice is is to extract more from peons. The occasional peasant revolt did not change the fundamental logic of the system under feudalism and it does not change it now - it is not the growing pie anymore but a zero sum game. Just like feudalism, capitalism is reaching its limits and the only way it can bail out of its systemic failures is by extorting more from the peons. As long as peon rebellions do not get rid of the system, they are at best irrelevant and often make things worse for the peons.

Wojtek