[lbo-talk] Arne Duncan - Zero public opposition

shrill.polemic shrill.polemic at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:55:15 PDT 2010

"Education Secretary Arne Duncan said something in an interview with the New York Times that was so scary wrong that it leaves me hoping he was kidding. The alternative--that he really means it-- is even scarier.

In an article about how activist an education secretary he is, Duncan said that his far-reaching efforts to change public schools are facing no opposition from the public.

'Zero,' he was quoted as saying. 'And as hard as we’re pushing everybody else to change, we’re pushing the department to change even more. There’s just an outpouring of support for the common-sense changes and the unprecedented investments we’re making.'”

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/education-secretary-duncan/say-what-secretary-duncan.html

shrill