[lbo-talk] LBO News from Doug Henwood

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu May 13 12:14:21 PDT 2010

On May 13, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Voyou wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 13:53 -0400, Shane Mage wrote:
>> On May 13, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Wojtek S wrote:
>>
>>> Shane: "The elephant in the room is this: The entire rationale for
>>> the
>>> imperial war in Afghanistan is the 9/11 conspiracy theory (Cheney/
>>> Obama
>>> version)."
>>>
>>> [WS:] The logic of the above escapes me altogether.
>>>
>> Haven't you heard *any* of Obama's speeches about why we're "at war"
>> in Afghanistan?
>
> So, your position is that the existence of the Taliban in Pakistan and
> Afghanistan is a fiction disseminated by the US government?

The existence of Taliban, as distinct from any Taliban role in 9/11, is obviously no fiction. The fiction is that "Al Qaeda," (created by the CIA), staged--by itself, with no intelligence agency (CIA, Mossad, or other) involvement or knowledge--a successful conspiracy to hijack airplanes and simultaneously put the US air-defense system out of commission long enough to fly them into buildings. And I say that if you swallow that conspiracy theory you have no effective reply to Obama's lying claim that if the imperial armies were to withdraw from Afghanistan then "they" would repeat 9/11 all over again.

> I applaud
> the ambition of your conspiracy theorizing.
>
> The problem I have with 9/11 conspiracy theories[except for the
> official one] is that they're so
> conventional. Why put so much effort into "proving" that the US
> government destroyed US buildings or manufactured excuses for war?

Especially since nobody put any effort into "proving" the guilt of "Al Qaeda" but they all put very great effort (the "9/11 Commission of Inquiry")into covering up the truth about whatever actually happened.

> We already know that this is exactly the sort of thing the US
> government
> would do...

So why so sure they didn't?

Shane Mage