[lbo-talk] Please help the Grand Ole Opry

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 07:45:07 PDT 2010

I am not even sure how to respond to that comment.

It often seems to me on this list that if you are not from a bi-coastal city, or Chicago, or from Austin (where I am, now), massive shits are casually, even cavalierly taken on the south and its culture.

Look, I loathe yahoos and yokels, yadda yadda, and backwards attitudes as much as anyone - I am on this fucking list, aren't I? - but the casual dumping of steaming piles of manure all over the South, which seems a constant feature here, still grates on my nerves from time to time.I mean, do I need to appeal to some recent hipster rediscovery of Johnny Cash-type angle vis a vis the Grand Ole Opry to get people to care about it?

-B.

I wrote:

"What if the Grand Ole Opry was in Manhattan?"