[lbo-talk] A $95, 000 question: why are whites five times richer than blacks in theUS?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue May 18 19:31:09 PDT 2010

isn't it really as simple as: your grandma bought a house for 10k and it is now worth $500k, when you sell it after her death. your mom and day had a similar dealio, socking away 500k after they sold it. plus, they had their savings and the life insurance policies.

now, you "inherit" "wealth".

this makes a massive difference in your life, the decisions you make, the colleges you can attend or send your kids to, the business you can or can't start, the investments you can or can't make, the house you can or cannot afford, etc.