[lbo-talk] Noam 1, Israelo-apartheid 0

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 20 13:06:59 PDT 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On May 20, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Somebody Somebody wrote:
>
> > Even apes have a sense of fairness. That in itself is good reason to
> > believe there's probably an innate element contributing to human
> > morality.
>
> As SJ Gould once pointed out, you can find an example in nature to
> prove just about anything you want. You could as easily find evidence
> in nature to justify the worldview of Rand Paul.

The _same_ example can be used to prove anything. The sense of fairness somebody speaks of can explain the TP apathy to taxes. It's not fair to take my money just to support bums.

That same sense of fairness he speaks of could justify the Holocause also. It isn't fair for lice like the Jews to inhabit space that belongs to real humans.

And so forth.

Carrol