[lbo-talk] Noam 1, Israelo-apartheid 0

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 20 19:05:23 PDT 2010

(From memoery): "Where rights clash, force decides." KM on struggle over length of the working day. And when he speaks of a historical or moral element entering into the value of labor power, the implication (explicit in some texts I believe) is that the value of labor power is established through conflict. And of course, Matthew Arnold among others thoght workers were a mob of the sort Ted describes.

We have, through historical struggle, arrived at _some_ shared agreement over goals. The endless attempt to claim those goals exist prior to our creation of them belongs to ideology. ("Ideology" is simply a stop gap here to keep the post from going on forever.)

Carrol