[lbo-talk] how did progressives become pwogs? how did liberals becomepwogs?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue May 25 03:51:09 PDT 2010

At 11:14 PM 5/20/2010, Carrol Cox wrote:
>I like shag's "heavy users of Marx," and I suspect that will contiue to
>be an accurate description of many/most withing any anticapitalist
>movement, but it need not be a ticket of admission. And the broadness of
>the movement need not be acheived through (pseudo-)sophisticated
>theorizings of "popular fronts" and "united fronts" etc.
>
>Carrol

I understand where you're going, though I wonder if "anti-capitalist" hasn't been spoiled by what has gone before in the name of anti-capitalism: people who aren't so much opposed to capitalism as opposed to Big Bad Meanie Corporations.

One question, though, what are the theorizings of the popular front / united front?

shag