[lbo-talk] More "school reform" nonsense

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 25 15:38:45 PDT 2010

Max Sawicky wrote:

> Before I kill myself, a few last words:
>
> People providing services to children that entail potentially
> irreversible harm ought to do those jobs well. Lousy teachers rob
> students of time that cannot be restored.

Max, I hope you are smoking something powerful. This is pathological. And I don't have any idea how to argue with a pathological symptom.

Regardless of how education is organized (including in any future utopia) no student will get through school without havign a couple really bad teachers. And it won't do the least damage.

Carroil