[lbo-talk] MP3izing music

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue May 25 22:55:23 PDT 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 2:23 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> heh. I just figgered this would be a fun new thread about the music I
> oughtta like in order to be a good and proper leftie.
>
> shag

I was surprised to see Norah in your list since I had recently discovered her while searching up recordings of 'over the rainbow'.

A leftist might want some john hartford - maybe 'big rock candy mountain'. Another 'over the rainbow' that I liked as well as norah's was jerry lee lewis' from The Oxford American Southern Sampler 1999. There might want to be some Utah Phillips in the leftist's library. Cajun and bluegrass. Gospel. Pigfoot and a beer@!

I expected more from the topic. But the Family Guy rerun that I watched tonite contained a parody of 'late Beethoven' and I do fall for those coincidents.

martin