[lbo-talk] More "school reform" nonsense

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed May 26 15:06:22 PDT 2010

On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:08:41 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Words of working class common sense from the hunky HVAC guy who was
> here to fix our air conditioning today: "Everybody does a shitty job
> if the boss isn't looking."

I don't think I believe that. Was he speaking common sense, or ideology? I've seen too many cases where the boss wouldn't *know* a good job from a bad one, and the worker-bee still did a good one, out of pride or a sense of aesthetics or a sense of responsibility or just to rejoice in his own skillz.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I am in favor of leaving people alone, no matter how imperfect their polity may seem." -- Stephen Maturin, MD