[lbo-talk] More "school reform" nonsense

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:20:20 PDT 2010

Carrol wrote:

Please tell us how to Select the Selectors, Judge the Judges. And who judges those who judge who should do the judging? Carrol -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Is that a joke? It is exactly the type of pitiful binary thinking I was pushing against, but old habits die hard. There is a more radical way to look at the issue. Someone mentioned how this would not be a problem in a democratic workers situation and I agree. In that type of situation people don't let slackers fuck around too long. They say 'hey you slacking off is making me have to work harder to pull your weight, how about you find another job that you might want to actually apply yourself at'. I have lived through this type of thing in activist groups, movement event preparations, and during strikes. It is rather organic how people are able to self organize and in the process accomplish much more than is possible with some manager directing everything (yes, people are naturally social animals). But if we just want to argue bullshit binaries...'they said work harder so we say work less!'...

Brad