[lbo-talk] Kagan, having it both ways

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri May 28 09:35:58 PDT 2010

Michael:

> Well that certainly seems to vary with era (or perhaps profession?), if we
> can generalize at all. In the (wonderful) documentary _Harvard Beats Yale
> 29-29_, Yale was the home of smug condescension, Harvard of the more
> likeable and often working class types.

I speak solely from personal experience. The Harvard people I encountered were older and established in their professions -- mostly comedy and journalism. They didn't hide or act sheepish about their alma mater -- far from it. But it's nice to hear more recent grads are cool.

Now, Michigan people . . . .

Dennis