[lbo-talk] Blog activity

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri May 28 16:42:13 PDT 2010

"It's the economist in me, Michael. :-) Wealth *is* productive power. Because our main wealth is us. Or, as Marx put it in Grundrisse, our real wealth is the "developed productive power of all individuals," and -- quoting approvingly an anonymous pamphlet -- our true wealth is a short workday, our free or disposable time."

Or, as Yeats put it,

Toil and grow rich , What's that but to lie With a foul witch , And after, drained dry, To be brought to the chamber Of one long sought with desire.

J.