[lbo-talk] Ha, ha! The US has turned into Third World Country

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sat May 29 18:42:13 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Peter Ward <nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Between economic austerity and vast environmental destruction, the US is
> hurtling toward standards traditionally associated with Third World
> countries.... And the left is just fine with that.
>
> Peter Ward

And your evidence for our/my being just fine with this situation is?

Seen anyone celebrating Deepwater or the financial collapse around here? Not me.

In re: the debt crisis: 1) I'm not sure its a crisis, but the right is; 2) seen anyone celebrating it here?

And then Carroll's question: What left?

And, I know there's a difference between being just fine with something and celebrating it but that's pretty clearly not the point.