[lbo-talk] Unbelievable media complicity with Zionism

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun May 30 07:55:05 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:51 AM, SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

If the CNN report is true (not to be assumed automatically, given how much
> of this is rewritten from the press release), the organizers of the flotilla
> seem to have passed up a sterling opportunity by refusing Gilad Shalit's
> family's request to pass on medicine to their son.

I hadn't seen this until now, but apparently it was not:

"Israel claims that we refused to deliver a letter and package from POW Gilad Shalit’s father. This is a blatant lie. We were first contacted by lawyers representing Shalit’s family Wednesday evening, just hours before we were set to depart from Greece. Irish Senator Mark Daly (Kerry), one of 35 parliamentarians joining our flotilla, agreed to carry any letter and to attempt to deliver it to Shalit or, if that request was denied, deliver it to officials in the Hamas government. As of this writing, the lawyers have not responded to Sen. Daly, electing instead to attempt to smear us in the Israeli press. We have always called for the release of all political prisoners in this conflict, including the 11,000 Palestinian political prisoners languishing in Israeli jails, among them hundreds of child prisoners."

http://palsolidarity.org/2010/05/12531