[lbo-talk] Unconfirmed reports: Israel opens fire on Gaza flotilla, three killed, thirty injured

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon May 31 17:31:24 PDT 2010

Joseph Catron wrote:

> The couldn't be this stupid ... could they?

Since I only get news a bit at a time, it will be at least three or fourdays before I know much about this.

Hence this post is no based on any knowledge of the facts.

Of course they culd be this stupid -- only it isn't stupid. It is a reasonable probe to test the limit of the willingness of the powers to accept the slow destruction of the Palestinian people.

They clearly accept that eventual destruction, but the question is how rapidly and how brutally it may be brought about.

Carrol