[lbo-talk] Israeli propaganda

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Mon May 31 17:46:23 PDT 2010

``Protesters attack with guns and knives, Israel Regrets 10 dead''

------

(After taking all day to think this out, I just watch NF say more or less the same thing. I swore I didn't consult the anti-Israel lobby---but it sure sounds like it.)

The Israel Project news release is so transparently false and such an obivious diversion from the real issues here, I wonder why they bother. I guess the pro-Israel minions need their talking points to exhause a few news cycles.

So, let's list the real issues. Israel committed an act of war against Turkey in international waters and shot dead somewhere between 10 to 19 people. The naval blockaid is illegal. The Goldstone report called the blockaid a war crime, because it is intended to starve people under military occupation. The capture of the ships was illegal. It doesn't matter if nobody got hurt or killed. It is still an international crime.

The other story which is also being diverted is the extraordinary diplomatic fall out, especially with Turkey. The reports coming out of Washington are pathetic to say the least. Obama supposedly called Netanyahu, regretting the loss of life, and ask him to get out the facts. These calls for an investigation are also an official diversion, as if some how a plan went wrong. The Israeli Cabinet met all week to plan this. Supposedly Netanyahu cancelled his trip to Washington for Tuesday. My theory is Obama called him and told him to put the visit off, as things were looking pretty hot.

This stunt really put the screws to Obama, his foreign policy and his damned wars. Turkey recalled their ambassador from Israel. Aljazeera reported big demos in Istanbul and Ankra, with lesser ones in capitals in Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, as well as the UK, Paris, Denmark and Sweden. Most of these places also called their Israeli ambassadors in for the official hand slap.

The US has been able to keep Israel separated from the domestic war on terror, foreign wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and of course Iran. But the constant drone of stories coming out of Palestine and Israel is making this separation more difficult by the day. Most of the Arab and Muslim world follow the connection and have for a long time.

I am hoping the US public or some more significant part of it, will start connecting the dots and see it to. The most important feature, besides endless war on the Arab and Muslim world, is the US design of the domestic war on terror programs. The legal framework, suppression of human rights, tortured confessions, military trials are all modelled on Israel's system of occupation with its absurd legalisms. The parallels are pretty clear.

If you take a wider view of things, you can see the grand parallel to Iraq and Afghanistan, where whole countries become occupied territories, subject to large civilian causalities, targetted assassinations, tortures, murders, and so forth. The justification of the US national security state's very survival depends on these wars and methods----which is as absurd as Israel's justifications that its very existance depends on using the same systems on the Palestinians. Has it occurred to anybody, if you stop the state terror, maybe you wouldn't have to worry about state security?

Below is a link to a story about an investigation into IDF practices on Palestinian children taken into military prison:

``The Palestine Chapter of Defence for Children International (DCI) has collected 100 sworn affidavits this year of Palestinian children, under the age of 18, who said they were mistreated by their Israeli interrogators. Fourteen of them say they were either sexually abused or threatened with sexual assault, including rape, if they didn't confess to what their interrogators accused them of.''

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2010/05/30/children-behind-israeli-bars

There are similar stories about the US occupation army practices. I am pretty certain the reason AG Holder is resisting various domestic lawsuits is to keep the records of these kinds of internal reports of abuse of women and children from getting out in public.

I want to end with a thanks to Doug for his long interview with Norm Finklestein. I also to thank Bryan Atinsky and Ira Glazer for posting a talk and then essay by Meron Benvenisti.

http://alternativenews.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1030:news-from-within-podcast-the-annapolis-conference-in-the-shadow-of-the-one-state-reality&catid=114:nfw-podcast&Itemid=856

And the lecture or talk:

http://www.alternativenews.org/podcasts/podcasts/news-from-within-podcast-the-annapolis-conference-in-the-shadow-of-the-one-state-reality-20071202.html1 am reposting the links because this guy is definitely worth listening to.He is very brutal to an otherwise highly sympathetic audiance. It took mesome time to figure him out and thought of the Matrix Seerer. `I hate todeliver bad news to good people.' Here's my argument taken from Benvensiti'ssix reasons